A question from blossombloom07: What kind of tests or examinations should be done for breast cancer?
So I am 20 years old and I began to become more worried about breast cancer.
There is no history of breast cancer in my family but I just thought it would be good to do some early testing just in case.
So I was wondering, what kind of tests should be done to detect breast cancer at age 20? I heard that mannograms should be done around 35. Is there any other examinations that you can do at an early age? And if there is where can I get them done? Regular family physician, gynocologist? Thanks everyone!

The best answer:

Answer by Denisedds
There is no reason to do screening tests at your age. You should get a breast exam when you have your annual pap. Mammograms are recommended annually starting at age 40. If you find a lump in your breast before then have your doctor check it. Exposing yourself to unnecessary radiation is never a good idea.

Whether you agree or disagree, why not leave your own thoughts below.

Share and Enjoy:
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Diigo
  • MisterWong
  • MySpace
  • Propeller
  • Reddit
  • StumbleUpon
  • Twitter

Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,

Tagged with:

Filed under: Breast Cancer

Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!